The Palliative Special Care Group is a team of Physicians and Nurse Practitioners who visit and provide patient care to individuals who cannot leave their place of residence in Memory Care and Assisted Living Facilities. At The Palliative Care Group, we understand that individuals may have difficulty transporting back and forth to a primary care physician’s office or may be too ill to do so. The Palliative Care Group can provide quality patient care and service without leaving home. By choosing the Palliative Care Group, you are choosing to bring the Primary Care Physician to you. Our Medical staff is certified in Palliative Care and Geriatrics.
What we can do for you:
- A Palliative Care Group Treatment Coordinator will ensure all patients are seen routinely and as needed.
- Doctor or Nurse Practitioner will have regular scheduled visits for consistency and dependability.
- Care Coordinator will ensure that all paperwork and documentation is received regarding the patient and all cares and visits sent to proper insurance providers.
- Care Coordinator will have patient file prepared for the Nurse Practitioner along with scripts and any necessary lab supplies.
- Palliative Care Group will provide all Lab services for patients.
- Palliative Care Group will coordinate all medical equipment needs.
- Care Coordinator, Physician, and Nurse Practitioner will communicate patient needs and updates with Family, Facility DON, and others involved with the patient’s well-being.
- Comprehensive review of patient medical history, physical exams and ongoing treatment of medical care
- Provide Medication management and refills
- Customized personal, confidential, and professional palliative care
Jessica Dunn is the Family Nurse Practitioner for the Palliative Specialty Group. She earned her BSN from Weber State University in 2006 and worked as an ICU nurse until she went back to school to obtain her Masters degree. She graduated from Westminster in 2011 as a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She has experience as an NP in cardiology, family practice, and internal medicine. She is passionate about medicine and strives for excellence in caring for her patients. She loves spending time with her family, friends and dog. She loves to read, golf, walk and paint.
Richard E. Allen is a Family Physician with experience in all age groups. He is the Program Director of the St. Mark’s Family Medicine Residency, responsible for training young physicians in Salt Lake City, Utah. Dr. Allen has a medical degree from the University of Utah, then completed a family medicine residency at Southern Illinois University in Quincy, Illinois, and received a Masters degree from the Harvard School of Public Health. He is Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Care, and in Family Medicine. Dr. Allen is married, with 6 daughters, and enjoys hiking, golf, and skiing.