Brighton has partnered with “Perillo’s Learning Journeys” to provide Transitions India- a continuing education program. This is an opportunity for our valued team members to travel abroad and be immersed in a highly-impactful learning experience. Each year two Brighton team members will be chosen to travel to India for a week to learn about their hospice and the end of life customs. Participants will be immersed in the culture and learn how to extend past cultural and socioeconomic differences. It provides a unique opportunity to understand how different cultures accept transition.
This powerful experience can provide Brighton team members knowledge of new ways to help teach patients and their families how to navigate peacefully through the process. The program will focus on resiliency, coping with compassion fatigue in caregivers, and teach new tools for stress management.
Some of the activities our team will be involved in include:
- Akshardham Temple and Gandhi Museum in Delhi
- Boat ride on the Ganges to learn about transition rituals and participation in prayer in Varanasi
- Discussion on Hinduism, transition practices and a visit to Kashi Mukti Bhawan in Varanasi
- Visit Ganga Prem Hospice in Rishikesh
- Aarti Ceremony of Ganges in Rishikesh
- Community service visit to Purkal Youth Development Society
- Classes on mindfulness and stress management